|
|
Bastion Bux
The Odd Beginning of B
|
She frowned looking to the shackles and glanced away looking at the ground "I didn’t want to presume..you never know right?" She shrugged, her gaze partially hidden by her hair till Lorne brushed her cheek making her look up angry tears rimming her violet eyes and her hands clenched tightly into fists "I..." She sighed, her shoulders slumping a bit as she shook her head muttering “That’s not fair"
He gave a half smile, though his own eyes where hallow from the years of torment “This is true" he said, then seeing her cry he felt his hart ache. - What’s wrong with me I'm not supposed to have felling like this for anyone but that bloody witch. What's going on? - He thought to himself. He wiped the tears form her face pulling the woman into a hug even if it made his chest burn with pain and caused him to wheeze more loudly "Life often isn't fair " he said between sharp intakes of breath trying to comfort her.
She let him wipe her tears and hug her feeling oddly relaxed around him even if he was a demon nodding against his shoulder as she lifted her hands to hug him back feeling bad for him. Her hands feeling the sticky wetness of drying blood on his back which made her gasp and pull away from him, turning him so she could see the damage that was done to him “What did that piece of shit do to you..." she shook her head more angry than ever looking at Lorne “This is awful" Past memories of her own mistress and her cruel ways filling her head
He frowned, pulling away from her as she found out about his exteriors wound but soon fell to his knees. His head swimming at not being able to breath right “Broke a few ribs, whipped my back. The usual " He manages the pain showing on his face as he clutched at his chest
She dropped to a knee to catch his shoulder “The usual? That’s bullshit..." she was shaking her head “You’re not going back, I wont let you"
He looked up to her from where he was "I don't have a choice. If I don't go back she will continue to hurt me even from afar. There is a gold bracelet she wares that holds me to her and doesn’t let me go too far or resist her call for too long. It's why I had to go earlier the pain was getting too much" He says, moving to lay down now in an attempt to ease the pain in his chest
She frowned watching him “Can we take the bracelet? " She sat down near him looking puzzled
He lay still, wings wrapped about him like a feathery cocoon "I can not, another could but it would mean having to fight the old hag" he said wheezing
She chewed her lip thoughtfully, sitting a bit before glancing at him "I'll do it" She was quiet but loud enough to be heard wondering what he'd say
He blinked in disbelief, a part of him in that moment wanting to kiss her “But...I mean are you sure? That would bond me to you and you would have to put up with me always being around. Are you sure you want that?" He asked her
She nodded looking at him “If it means you wont get hurt anymore...I know it isn’t the best option since you’re still stuck with me but I suppose it’s better than nothing right?" She shrugged “At least for now…Then we can see if we can get rid of the bond all together for you....so you can be really free" She smiled
He smiled and nodded “All right, just give me some time to heal before we go facing her. We can head back just before night fall" He said to her, relaxing and closing his eyes even though he remained awake "So Vivi why is it you want to help someone you just met so much?" He asked
She nodded and sat back on her palms relaxing slightly as she listened to him tilting her head slightly “Because I used to be a slave too… I wouldn't wish it on anyone"
He sighed "A beautiful fairy like you was a slave? He says with disbelief in his voice. Blushing as he even says it, not that it can be seen with his dark skin
She smirked and nodded “Most changelings start off that way....we’re made to serve our masters however they like...even if they prefer us as furniture, hunting dogs or lovers" She shrugged "I can’t complain considering its made me how I am but... I wouldn't go back for the world..." She sighed shaking her head slightly
He listened to what she had to say, the day seeming to be crawling by. But he didn't mind so much, he somehow felt he was right where he belonged and even found himself staring at the woman. Once more he had to think, What's going on with me? Not sure why he was drawn to this woman in a way he had never been to others while under the witches rule.
She picked up a stick poking at the fire they had made lifting it out and looking at the smouldering end a moment before sighing "so where is this mistress of yours?" She glanced at the man
He motioned with his head “She lives that way in a cabin.” He tells her, slowly feeling better as he healed himself.
She glanced in that direction, staring for a moment as if thinking “And there's no way she could just.....let you go?" She blinked turning back to Lorne
He gave a dry laugh "she could but she won't, She enjoys.. well" he coughed a bit uncomfortable “She enjoys my company at night" He said, finally finding more appropriate words
Words: 993
Original Post
Bastion's Bios
Image Credit
No comments:
Post a Comment